Wednesday October 15th, 2014 — 30-Second Showcase!
The annual 30 Second Showcase returns to Wednesday Night Hop and The 9:20 Special on October 15th and 16th. Your 30 Seconds of fame is here!
Have you been itching to perform, but find the prospect of choreographing a whole routine daunting? Do you yearn to show off your moves to an audience, but feel intimidated doing so in a competitive environment?
Then, my friends, this event is for you.
And if you're a showboat at all times of life, this event is for you too!
The 9:20 Special (San Francisco) and Wednesday Night Hop (Mountain View) are partnering to host a 30 Second Showcase extravaganza this October. All you need to do is find a partner (or more! or go solo!), decide on a song that speaks to you, and choreograph a short and sweet routine of your choosing! We highly encourage you to perform both at Wednesday Night Hop on October 15th and The 9:20 Special on October 16th but you're not required to perform at both.
This is not a competition - the goal is strictly to provide a welcoming, comfortable space to perform.
- Participants will perform a choreographed routine from 30-75 seconds long. The performance must not exceed 75 seconds. (All you Fog City Stomp 60-second showcase people can perform your pieces without alteration!)
- Dancers should contact their venues representative (listed below) indicating their interest in performing by Monday October 13th at the latest.
- Dancers are required to edit their music (either to cut or fade) and submit it as an .mp3 or similar file to their venue rep by Monday, October 13th.
- Competitors may choose any part of their song to perform to; i.e. it need not be the first 30-75 seconds.
- Dancers may participate as individuals, couples or teams.
- There are no gender-based requirements.
- Originality is encouraged, but not required. If you would like to perform part of a well-known routine such as the Shim Sham, please feel free to do so!
- Costumes are encouraged but not required.
- This event is purely for fun and the adulation of your peers, rather than prizes and placements.
Questions? Shoot an email to either of the two people, or catch them at WNH or the 9:20 Special dance in person!
Take a look at the short routines performed at various events around the Bay Area in previous years!
9:30 - Midnight — Swing Dance Party: only $8 ($6 for 24 & younger)
7:15 - 8:15pm — Choose between Level 2 & Level 3 Lessons
8:15 - 9:15pm — Choose between Level 1 & Elective Lessons
$16 drop-in ($24 to drop into two classes)
Cheryl Burke Dance